Wednesday, April 9, 2008

First days in korea!

I just arrived in Korea about a week ago, and I am really glad to be here. It feels great to be on my journey, moving and working towards a larger goal. It’s hard to know where to start with blog entry number one--many things have already happened. I arrived the third of April, and I was very tired after spending an unexpected night in Tokyo with a couple of military kids from the states.
The day I arrived, the team performed in front of a group of professors, workers and students from Hallim University, in Kangwondo Province. Since I didn’t perform the first time, I got to watch them. It was incredible! They’d made some adjustments to the Chunbushingong since our training over a month ago. It was so beautiful that it almost made me cry. It flowed 100 times better than when I last saw it. They were so peaceful and I could see, through their performance, how much they’d grown already in Korea. I really love everyone and I'm so thankful to have this opportunity and to be a part of this team.
The next day after I arrived, we performed all together in front of a lot of people. Dr. Ilchi Lee was sitting in front center. I watched him when Aaron sabumnim was introducing us and telling them why we are here. Ilchi Lee had the biggest smile on his face! I could tell that it makes him so happy that we are here.

And adjusting to living with 5 other girls is difficult, especially since in seattle, I just lived with one girl who I spent very little time with. I spent a lot of time alone or with one other person. There’s not a lot of space and privacy and quiet. Here, I must learn to share and not reserve myself. I want to have more confidence to share what's on my mind and my progress.
Also there have been so many things happening, like huge performances, meeting a lot of people, pretty intense training, different food, and not being caught up with sleep. It’s been awesome but tiring. I can feel my physical body getting a lot stronger. That is all for now.

No comments: